Terms and Conditions
1. I agree that the Dachshund will be kept exclusively as an indoor foster pet and will not be used in any way detrimental to the dog (i.e., medical research, abuse, neglect, etc.) and not maintained as a yard dog (kept outside). The primary function of a care provider is to offer a safe and nourishing environment for the foster until a forever home is approved and adoption is complete.
2. I will be an active participant in assisting WLR volunteers with their efforts to find the foster dog a forever home.
3. I acknowledge that I am responsible for providing, at my expense; dog food, bedding, toys, and any other creature comforts. I am also aware that grooming expenses such as nail clippings, bathing, and flea/tick preventative (Frontline, Revolution, etc.) are also my financial responsibility.
4. I will have the foster dog seen by a veterinarian as soon as possible for vaccinations, heart worm testing and spay/neuter (if needed). I agree to provide proper food, fresh water, indoor shelter, protection, kind treatment and medical care while in my care.
5. I will keep the foster dog on a leash at all times when not in a safe, enclosed and fenced area. I will not tie the foster dog outside at any time, nor will I leave the foster dog outdoors while I am away from home.
6. I will keep the ID tag from the animal recovery company on the foster dog at all times.
7. I will never transport the foster dog in an open vehicle or in any other way that will endanger the foster dog during transport.
8. I will notify my WLR foster coordinator or any other available board member immediately if the foster dog is lost or stolen and will make every effort to locate the dog. I will also notify the animal recovery company if the foster dog is lost or stolen. I will promptly notify WLR of the foster passes away or sustains injury.
9. The foster dog will only be euthanized under extenuating emergency circumstances with veterinarian approval or by authorization by board decision. Euthanasia must be performed by a licensed veterinarian.
10. I acknowledge that all foster dogs remain in the sole ownership of WLR while in my care. I shall immediately notify WLR of my intent to give up the dog. Further, in the event of any material dispute concerning the care or condition of the foster dog, WLR may, at its discretion, reclaim the foster dog.
11. I agree that I will not transfer, sell, give, trade, or in any way change the custody of the foster dog from me to any one person or entity, including, without limitation to, any laboratory, rescue group, or humane society. The foster will not be sold or given away. If I no longer want to be a care provider for WLR, I acknowledge that I cannot keep the foster dog and I am required to return the dog to Wanda’s Little Rescue.
12. I understand that WLR reserves the right to repossess the foster dog (at my expense) should any portion of this contract be breached by me or should WLR determine, in its reasonable discretion, that I have neglected or mistreated the foster dog.
13. I agree to allow WLR to periodically check on the foster dog, at reasonable times, to be assured compliance with the above terms.
14. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless WLR, its trustees, officers, employees, agents, successors, assignees, all members of the Wanda’s Little Rescue from and against any and all demands, claims, causes of action, or judgments, and any and all expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorney fees) incurred in connection with this agreement, including without limitation, claims of any injured third party for injury to person, loss of life, or damage to property.
15. If any party commences litigation against any other party for the specific performance of this agreement, or for damages for the breach of the agreement or otherwise for enforcement of any remedy under this agreement, the parties waive any right to a trial by jury and, in the event of any commencement of litigation, the substantially prevailing party shall be entitled to costs and reasonable attorney fees in any action or preceding arising out of this agreement and/or preceding to enforce a judgment based on a cause of action arising out of this agreement. All litigation shall be filed and prosecuted in the state of North Carolina.
16. This agreement constitutes the final, complete and exclusive statement between the parties to this agreement and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous understandings or agreements of the parties, and is binding on and inures to the benefit of their respective heirs, representatives, successors or assigns. Neither party has been induced to enter into this agreement by, nor is either party relying on a representation or warranty outside those expressly set forth in this agreement. Any agreement made after the date of this agreement is ineffective to modify, waive, or terminate this agreement, in whole or part, unless that agreement is in writing, is signed by a duly authorized representative of WLR and the care provider, and specifically states that agreement modifies this agreement.
17. This agreement shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of North Carolina. If any term or provision of this agreement is, to any extent, held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of this agreement shall not be affected and each term or provision of this agreement shall be valid and be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by law. If the application of that term or provision to persons or circumstances other than those as to which is held invalid or unenforceable, shall not be affected, and each term or provision of this agreement shall be valid and be enforced to the fullest extent of the law.
18. I understand this agreement involves important legal rights and obligations, and I acknowledge that I have had an opportunity to consult with an independent legal advisor of my choosing. I further acknowledge that I have voluntarily and knowingly signed this agreement, in full recognition of the nature of the undertakings that I have assumed under this agreement.